The Proofreader is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of department work product, including revisions, original input, conversions, and tables of authorities. He or she also checks grammar, syntax, spelling, style, and formatting in assigned documents and recommends changes to ensure clarity and correctness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Proofreads department work product for accuracy.
2. Examines documents for correct and consistent formatting.
3. Suggests alternatives to incorrect grammar and awkward syntax.
4. Proofreads tables of authorities for accuracy and format.
5. Provides accurate and timely completion of assignments and inquiry responses.
6. Provides support to other Proofreaders as needed and assists with training new Proofreaders.
7. Provides training to Document Specialists regarding proofing techniques as needed.
8. Utilizes the Document Management System (DMS) to retrieve and print documents.
9. Utilizes ServiceNow to record tasks.
10. Takes an active role in keeping current with BD style guide.
11. Takes an active role in keeping current with GloDOCS procedures.
12. Assists with special projects.
13. Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.
Bachelor's degree in English or related field desired.
Four (4) years proofreading experience, preferably at a professional services organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Advanced knowledge and proper application of proofreading symbols.
Ability to edit legal documents.
Excellent com`munication skills, both oral and written.
Knowledge of English and local language (if applicable).
Excellent language skills including reading, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
Ability to identify correct legal format and terminology.
Develops knowledge of the templates and styles.
Attention to detail.
Typing skills required.
Knowledge of and proficiency in Windows and MS Word.
Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Position may be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift work as assigned.
Recruiter: Andy Ballantyne
Phone: (800) 732-4680 x709