ECS is seeking a Contracts Specialist III
to work in our Arlington, VA
office. Job Description:
Responsibilities will include preparing and administering terms and conditions of Department of Defense Research & Development (FAR Part 35) contracts; Assisting in the negotiation of contracts; Preparing contract modifications; Analyzing procurement policies and procedures; Analyzing proposed costs and prices; Preparing required contract file documentation per the FAR, DFARS, and other relevant policies/regulations. Position is full-time on-site at a Department of Defense research agency.
Min. years of specialized contracting experience = 12 years. Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 years' experience in government procurement including preparing cost proposals, negotiating terms and conditions of contracts, preparing contract modifications, administering contracts or subcontracts, and analyzing cost and prices.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience in government or commercial procurement (government preferred); contract administration and negotiation; cost and pricing analysis.
- DoD, Procurement Desktop Defense (PD2) contractual software, and R&D contracting experience a plus.
- Experience with Non-FAR based instruments such as Other Transaction Agreements, Grants, and/or Cooperative Agreements a plus but not required.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.