Control & Instrument EngineerLocation:
West Valley City, UTStart Date:
Dec 7, 2020
Apply Now Sign Up For Job Alerts Email Job Refer a Friend Apply with LinkedIn Job Description:
Title: Control & Instrument Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Duration: Contract-to-Direct, Long-term
Salary: $40-$50/hr DOE
Primary responsibility is to design and apply the appropriate instrumentation equipment used to monitor and control systems, machinery and processes. Works closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure a quality working solution to our clients. Preferred experience includes the oil & gas, mining, chemical, and heavy industrial facilities. Must be able to understand P&ID drawings.
- Develop specifications for all project required instrumentation.
- Create Instrument datasheets for all instrumentation including but not limited to Control Valves, Transmitters, Level Instruments, Local gauges, Analyzers, Temperature Transmitters, etc..
- Develop Request for Purchase documents for the design instruments to acquire vendor solutions, perform bid tabulations and make recommendations for purchase.
- Manage P&ID drawing accuracy with regards to the associated process data, instrumentation and control logic.
- Create I/O Lists.
- Created Loop wiring diagrams.
- Create Instrumentation installation details.
- Assist the design team in PLC layouts & control schematics.
- Manage the development of all instrumentation and control design drawings & deliverables.
- Collaborate & coordinate closely with the Process Engineering group in order to ensure instrument design meets the requirements of the project.
- Collaborate & coordinate closely with the Mechanical Engineer group in order to ensure that all piping design conforms to the instrumentation requirements of the project.
- Travel to customer site as required.
- Provide start-up & troubleshooting assistance.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or a Bachelor's degree in another field and documented experience in an instrument engineering design environment.
PE License is a plus.
At least 10 years of experience in instrument & control engineering and design.
Experience in heavy industrial facility & process operations.
Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Sound proficiency in MS Office.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of Engineering and IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com