Red Oak Technology is seeking a Controller for our client located in Union City, CA
**Must be local candidate due to multiple onsite interviews**
Our client is re-imagining the grid with our modular Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) solutions. The Product Management team aims to ensure that Smart Wires current and future products enable our customers to deliver reliable, low-cost, safe electricity while accelerating the decarbonization of the electricity sector and supporting widespread load electrification.
The Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Qualified candidates are excellent communicators, diplomats, and thrive when working as part of a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and presents findings and recommendations to management.
- Manage relationships for US and foreign tax filings, including VAT
- Complies with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, and forcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, advising management on needed actions.
- Manages the utilization and practical application of information technology by assuring the company is well equipped with the appropriate hardware and software to meet production and corporate requirements.
- Collects, interprets and reports financial data and trends
- Represent the Finance team at gatherings of external stakeholders
- Other tasks as assigned by the CFO
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience, preferably with at least a 5 years at a Big Four CPA firm.
- Minimum 2 years of private industry experience; manufacturing experience a plus
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills in English.
- Ability to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Ability to travel up to 20% within the US.