Job ID: 2115766 Location:
SPRINGFIELD , VA , US Date Posted:
Cloud Comp EngrSchedule:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
This position is in support of the Department of State (DOS) as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current TS security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will provide senior level engineering design and architecture support to provide enterprise-level solutions using physical and virtual networking technologies, server hosting, and storage solutions. Support the implementation of Hosted Services that utilize VMware systems solutions to connect services within the Data Center LAN as well as remote Data Centers for high availability and redundancy. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department's equipment modernization program. Description of Duties:
Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization (GITM) Infrastructure Team at the DOS IRM bureau.
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation for Software Designed Data Center Infrastructure for converged technologies.
- Define processes to maintain all Infrastructure devices and functions across physical media, Operating Systems, File Systems, protocol stacks & network components.
- Plans; researches; evaluates and recommends new equipment and related technologies. Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems; gauge performance and activity.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for infrastructure related software/hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Update system and process documentation, produce user guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed. Including Visio Network design drawings.
- Work with infrastructure teams to satisfy day to day issues and requests. Participate in conference calls with client and assess their needs
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related engineering degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters in Computer Science or related engineering degree and twelve (12) years or more experience;
- Knowledge of Data Center Architecture's and designs for large scale Data Centers
- Knowledge of Integrated Converged Stack infrastructure (i.e. FlexPod)
- Knowledge and experience with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge and experience with VMware (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge of IP Networking VPN's, switching, and routing
- Knowledge of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft File Systems, Operating Systems and Applications
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft OS and Wintel systems
- Systems Engineering background with understanding of Cloud Computing Reference Architecture
- Active top secret clearance.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs).
- VMware: VCP 5+ Certified, working knowledge of SRM, VCOPS, SMVI, VCAC
- Networking: Design knowledge and experience with Cisco Network components (switches, routers), Certifications (i.e. CCNA-DC,CCNP,CISSP) CISCO training 7000/5000/1000
- Compute: Design knowledge of Cisco UCS technologies and Dell server technologies. Maintain server/blade hardware include failed component replacement.
- Storage: Design knowledge of NetApp Storage Area Network arrays and associated storage systems.
- ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.