About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to six East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, GIANT/MARTIN'S, Hannaford and Stop & Shop, as well as the country's largest online grocery retailer, Peapod. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com.
Position Title: Administrator I Regional Service Technician
Position Location: Fairfield, CT
Provide onsite and/or remote support for all store based IT equipment. Follow documented processes for software loading and image restoration. Work with store personnel to identify user issues and provide on-call support 24/7 every other week. Work with IMAC to provide installation support and also provide support for other IT project initiatives. Maintain an accurate and appropriate truck stock and manage timely returns. Stay up to date on HIIPA, PCI, A+, and W&M requirements/certifications.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In-store IT support
Resolve issues related to IT equipment and software in a timely manner
• Respond to Remedy tickets assigned to area. Repair, replace, or reimage devices to perform as intended to meet the needs of the business.
• Run calls in an efficient manner based on priority and reduced travel time to allow for maximum call completion per shift
• Utilize published documentation and tools to resolve issues and minimize downtime.
• Provide updates for published documentation as new best practices are learned/discovered
• Timely and accurate updates to Remedy including ticket status, parts usage, logging serial numbers (as required) and applying work to projects
2. Inventory management
Manage truck inventory
• Maintain an appropriate truck stock inventory to accomplish an established 1st time fix goal
• Utilize forward stocking locations effectively to reduce downtime
• Timely pickup of replenish parts return of defective or excess inventory
• Cycle counts that reflect accuracy between system stock and actual.
3. Licenses, certifications and training
Maintain current W&M license, A+ certificate, Hiipa, PCI and RBS sponsored training
• Pass, renew and keep a current W&M license/certificate. Prepare and submit W&M documentation in accordance with local jurisdiction. Make sure weight kit certification is current.
• Maintain an active A+ certification
• Comply with yearly Hiipa renewal and all PCI compliance instructions (including EFT tracking)
• Complete all RBS training and departmentt sponsored training within timeframe indicated
• Maintain a current drivers license and a driving record that is deemed acceptable for operating a company vehicle
4. Call reduction
Effort put forth to reduce or eliminate low value calls
• Place calls to stores when a given ticket or symptom appears to be something the store can resolve.
• Make sure ticket or service need is still valid (store fixed and did not cancel) prior to starting travel over 1hr
• Quick walk through of store before leaving to solicit other issues that have not been called in (time permitting to eliminates another trip)
• Educate store personnel in the basic points of maintaining equipment on their own when it is evident that they are not making an effort.
5. Project support
Provide support for projects managed by IMAC or other IT departments
• Assist with IMAC installs to limit costs by vendors when workload permits
• Provide in-store support following major IT project work to limit impact to stores affected
• As required act as "smart hands" in there field to assist groups that have limited or no field presence
• Perform signoff for new store technology installs Requirements Basic Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 - 2 years technical experience preferred; Retail & POS System desired
Skills and Abilities:
• Technical/Mechanical preferred
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Administrative skills
• Problem solving/troubleshooting
• Ability to work independently