The candidate will join the core engineering group to work on the strategic core components for the GRA (Global Risk Analytics) business. The platform will be used by model developers to build and develop risk models as well as the operations teams for CCAR and CECL purposes. Depending on the area of expertise, the candidate will help define the core platform architecture and implementation on a number of different core components including the user interface, orchestration, resource management, distributed compute execution framework, and data access. The candidate will also work directly with business and technology partners to deliver on various requirements.
- Full stack developer with an ability to work on various parts of a multi-layer distributed computing platform.
- Experience working with development teams globally to design/implement/deploy strategic core engineering projects.
- Ability to write re-usable and generic code in an elegant manner.
- Ability to provide innovative tactical solutions when necessary, to meet regional requirements
- Good communication skills working directly with very technical business as well as technology partners to implement requirements into effective, efficient technology solutions
- Ability to learn new products / tools / technologies to maintain the company’s competitive edge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Proven technical background and analytic capabilities
- Strong expertise in one of the following programming languages: JAVA/C++/Python.
- Strong grasp of general computer science fundamentals especially in a distributed systems environment. Fluency with data structures, algorithms and time/space complexity is a must.
- Strong grasp of operating systems fundamentals (threads, processes, multi-core and multi-node execution).
- Expertise with distributed storage and compute. Apache stack (Spark, HDFS, etc) preferred but not required as long as past experience translates over naturally.
- Expertise with building software in an enterprise setting.