The Sybase ASE DBA will performance tune data to ensure its integrity and reliability. This Sybase ASE DBA will confer with business unit and technical staff regarding extracting data for particular reports.
The Sybase ASE DBA will monitor and refresh data, perform installation and testing of new releases, patches, etc.
- Maintain responsibility for analysis of Sybase and SQL code.
- Tune queries, write Stored Procedures, perform indexing, and other database elements.
- Database design, coding, testing, debugging, and installing.
- Follow software development methodologies.
- Working through business requirements and designs with IT partners.
- Review and enhance existing Sybase/SQL code to improve performance.
- Interface with partners determines impacts of software changes.
- Confer development staff, PM’s, regarding task definitions and schedules involving database(s).
- Plan/design database changes related to data conversion, tool configuration.
- Plan data refresh, migration, other initiatives related to large application development projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production problems involving databases.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 6+ years of Sybase development experience w/strong command of SQL.
- Experience with Stored Procedures, Triggers, indexing,etc.
- Experience with data and batch loading processes.
- Strong Data Modeling and Database design skills.
- Experience with Data warehouses and transactional databases.
- Proficiency with optimization techniques.
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of other databases like Oracle/Sql server is a plus.
- Experience administering a large enterprise database environment.
- Proficiency in design, administration, implementation, upgrades, monitoring and database.
- Proficiency in database tuning, to ensure that applications run efficiently and reliably.
- Strong communication skills.
- Should have ability to work independently.
Thanks & Regards,
6500 Dublin Blvd, # 204, Dublin, CA 94568.