Core Java Developer
Direct Hire/ Full Time
The Software Development Analyst is responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of large scale custom-developed business applications.
This position serves a crucial role in support of mission critical areas of debt issuance, debt servicing, and combined financial reporting, which depend on the accuracy and the availability of the supporting application systems.
- Contribute to all phases of the application development life cycle, including analysis, design, programming, testing ( they do have their own testing team), implementation, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with business units to define requirements for business engagements.
- Work with the project team and the appropriate stakeholders to convert business requirements to written technical specifications that adhere to the architectural guidelines and industry best practices.
- Complete assigned coding and testing tasks within the specified time frame in order to keep business initiatives on schedule.
- Support application end users by addressing and resolving application-related problems and issues in a timely and cordial manner.
- Develop and maintain application support and end user documentation.
- Assist with other job duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. (they will waive this for the right candidate)
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing applications in a professional software development (team) environment.
- Experience developing web-based applications using JBoss Application Server in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Experience in the following is required:
- Integrated Development Environments: Eclipse and Maven;
- Solid experience with core Java technologies and concepts;
- Knowledge of multi-tier web application development using standard presentation layer technologies
- Understanding of source code management principles in a team environment.
- Experience in the following is preferred:
- Source control system: Subversion;
- Expertise in developing web applications using presentation layer frameworks such as Apache Struts and Java Server Faces;
- Knowledge of component libraries for Java Server Faces;
- Advanced SQL skills (Sybase preferred);
- Appeon PowerBuilder;
- Working knowledge of financial services and mortgage industries, including related rules and regulations;
- Adobe ColdFusion development; and
- Ability to develop UNIX or RHEL-based scripts.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and programming concepts including design patterns.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on several assignments concurrently in a dynamic environment while continuing to progress on longer-term project completion.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to work collaboratively with employees at all levels within the organization.