Core Network Engineer
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
Are you a service focused Sr. Network Engineer and are looking for your next challenge? Our client is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer in Chicago to join their growing Core Networking team.
- Engineer is responsible for assisting Service Activations, Network Design, all related Core Networking functions. This fast paced environment will require the ability to learn fast, adapt quickly, multi task, and works well with customer and employee interaction.
In this role you will primarily focus on client solution projects with a secondary focus on technical support, engineer will work in tandem with current lead, but will need to work independently for most of the project and engage the team when necessary. You will need to help with initial solution design and go-to-market strategy. This role will require you to provide Tier 3 support to other teams and team members. You should be able to work with very little management supervision.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Advanced Interaction with customers on a highly technical level
- Lead pre and post-sale meetings
- Manage large network deployments
- Heavy involvement with design and finding solutions to meet customer needs
- Increased focus on Research & Development projects
- Primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgement
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must have experience in Core Networking with required prior experience at an ISP
- Must have strong background with MPLS protocols
- Must have strong experience within BGP routing
- Network Design and Architecture experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with all network modules
- Have multiple industry recognized network certifications (ex. CCNP, CCIE)
- 8+ years of Telecommunications and/or IP enterprise networking experience
- Bachelor s or Master s degree or equivalent work experience in related field preferred