Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
CREDIT RISK QUANT DEVELOPER (C++)
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Analytics Implementation team within Wholesale Credit Risk area. The team focuses on the design, implementation, delivery and support of models for the firms' Wholesale Credit Stress (CCAR, ICAAP, EBA) and Loan loss reserves (CECL, IFRS 9) models. In particular, for this role, the successful candidate will participate in the software development, delivery and maintenance of high-performance analytics frameworks and libraries covering wholesale credit products such as corporate and commercial real estate loans. This will require the candidates to work with other Wholesale Credit model developers and business partners to analyze new or enhanced modelling requirements and complete coding and testing of the software.
- The successful candidate will work on the design and implementation of new or modified models into the production environment in support of Client's CCAR/DFAST/CECL submissions
- Maintain technical documentations supporting model design
- Regularly review the performance of analytics components to identify opportunities to streamline and/or optimize implementation
QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge/Experience: (What knowledge/ experience of the role or the industry does the individual need, e.g. relevant work experience, industry and/or product knowledge)
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent quantitative programming skills in C++ or equivalent language with multi-threading is a must
- Experience with C++ boost and Eigen library.
- Strong quantitative problem-solving skills and experience applying them to model implementations
- Hands-on experience on functional and numerical testing through entire model development software cycle
- Must be self-motivated, pro-active, responsible and driven to deliver
- Proficient working in a Linux/UNIX environment and MS Visual Studio for C++
- Background in a numerate subject (e.g. Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Math Finance, etc)
- Experience implementing analytics frameworks in risk/finance such as scenario-driven PD, LGD,models
- Experience with SQL, Python, SAS, R a plus
- Knowledge of Wholesale Credit Risk concepts and Products in the context of Stress Loss (CCAR) and/or Allowance (IFRS 9/CECL)
- Experience with git, automated build/test systems, code coverage, unit testing and release processes
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with key internal partners to achieve objectives and prioritizations
- Experience with software containerization concepts a plus
Please see our complete list of jobs at: www.rmscorp.com