Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and identifies the possibilities? Are you passionate about helping Government and Public Services (GPS) organizations prepare for challenges and overcome threats? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Strategic Risk professionals who work with clients to understand how embracing risk can drive performance. If you seek a role that offers you the opportunity to advise GPS clients through critical and complex issues while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory's Strategic Risk practice.
Work you'll do
As a Consultant within our practice you will:
- Provide technical and administrative supervision for staff while conducting quality assurance for the grant program.
- Review documentation to support total project costs including invoices and procurement related to US Treasury CARES Act and ARPA funding to recover from COVID-19
- Set priorities, performance goals, and maintain accountability for staff.
- Managing and providing daily reporting and tracking on workload progress; effectively communicating progress to leadership.
- Mentoring, coaching, and building teams; providing programmatic resources and support to staff.
- Interpreting and adhering to guidance, policy, and regulations in a predictable and consistent way.
- Conducting quality assurance reviews of grants to ensure accuracy, compliance, and proper supporting documentation.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping GPS initiatives today. Deloitte's GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the GPS marketplace.
Our Strategic Risk Team provides analysis and assessment of critical risk factors that can impact our GPS client's operations and overall environment. We help our clients navigate these complex risk factors in the areas of enterprise risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management, and grants management. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Minimum of 1 year of experience including one year of experience with public assistance grants
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and manage complex workloads to deliver public assistance grants
- Experience in reviewing cost estimates, accounting summaries or grant applications to ensure completeness, accuracy and if required compliance with laws, regulations and policies
- Experience in developing and delivering recommendations to senior leadership on organizational and/or program improvement needs
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.