Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and identifies the possibilities? Are you passionate about helping Government and Public Services (GPS) organizations prepare for challenges and overcome threats? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Strategic Risk professionals who work with clients to understand how embracing risk can drive performance. If you seek a role that offers you the opportunity to advise GPS clients through critical and complex issues while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory's Strategic Risk practice.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant within our practice you will:
• Participate in and lead the development of crisis management processes, procedures, and guidance resources
• Help clients develop comprehensive crisis management, occupant emergency, business continuity and resilience plans and programs including playbooks, frameworks, and testing & exercise curricula
• Design, develop, and deliver crisis management, occupant emergency, and Continuity of Operations (COOP) trainings; design, develop, and facilitate COOP exercises
• Support client use of emergency communications systems through regular data updates and tests
• Enhance the client's ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive events
• Research and analyze a wide range of information and create insightful analysis in accordance with strict deadlines, including presenting and incorporating relevant data and visualizations
• Identify, collect, synthesize, and evaluate large amounts of data to draw logical and actionable conclusions
• Work alongside subject matter experts to deliver client solutions
• Participate in the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
• Build strong relationships with clients, including senior leaders in the federal government
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participate in team problem-solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
• Contribute to the growth and development of the Crisis Management practice
• Assist in proposal development, as requested
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping GPS initiatives today. Deloitte's GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the GPS marketplace.
Our Strategic Risk Team provides analysis and assessment of critical risk factors that can impact our GPS client's operations and overall environment. We help our clients navigate these complex risk factors in the areas of enterprise risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management, and grants management.
Our Cyber & Strategic Risk practice provides analysis and assessment of critical risk factors that can impact our GPS client's operations and overall environment. We help our clients navigate these complex risk factors in the areas of enterprise risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management, and grants management.
• Bachelor's degree in Emergency Management, Crisis Management, Risk Management, Business Administration, Risk Management, Economics, Political Science, Geography, Geospatial Intelligence or related field
• 3-7+ years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: emergency management, crisis management, risk management, continuity of operations, business continuity, resilience, geospatial analytics, grants management
• Experience advising executive-level management on risk management strategies that identify and exploit opportunities, minimize exposure to threat, minimize losses during crises, and ensure continuity of operations following a disaster
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment; provide rigorous, creative insight in complex situations; and exhibit advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to leverage technology to solve problems
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
• Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
• 3+ years of relevant experience in incident management, crisis communications, disaster recovery, exercise design and delivery
• One of more relevant certifications