Role: Custodian Account Specialist Client: Large Financial Services Client Location: Downtown Chicago (remote to start) Duration: Year long contract
*Please reach out to Monica Shay at if you are interested*
The Group: A global team guided by investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. We use our expertise in asset allocation, investment selection and portfolio construction to create world-class investment strategies leveraging the full resources. The group specializes in multi-asset investing, using equities, fixed income and alternative investments to construct robust portfolios. Through our investment offerings, we serve financial advisers and institutions, and the investors that they serve.
The Role: Custodian Account Specialist to support the Investment Operations team with a large, complex project to transition accounts from one custodian to another. This will be a key role involving document review, transition tracking, account monitoring, and account maintenance. A successful candidate will increase project momentum and quality control. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Support and execute operations processes in support of the Managed Portfolios (SM) service team and Conversion Project.
• Execute daily conversion project tasks.
• Support Investment Operations team on incoming requests and client service items.
• Maintain detailed project tracking documents and organized files.
• Coordinate efforts on document delivery and receipt.
• Review account transition paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
• Report key status updates and transition issues to team members.
• Develop and report on metrics for project success.
• Experience in investment operations roles; Custodian, advisory and TAMP expertise a plus
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
• Excellent organization skills (email, task management, follow-up)
• Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively and independently, delivering on assigned tasks and responsibilities.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Strong written and verbal communication in English.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
• Enthusiastic team player.
- Bachelor's degree is required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or