At IntelePeer, we deliver critical, cloud-based communications customers can build on with voice and messaging applications. We make it easy to connect to our services with multiple connection options and flexible deployments while helping to ensure customer communications remain uninterrupted with disaster avoidance solutions. All of our products are backed by a rock-solid network and a team of experts who provide nothing but award-winning customer service. We believe that business communications are meant for more than just simple interactions. That’s why we enable our partners and customers to leverage our innovative solutions and visionary architects to automate business processes and enhance the customer experience.
As an integral member of our Customer Development Team, the Custom Solutions QA Analyst is responsible for creating and executing the test plans, test procedures, and test cases used to certify custom solutions built with our Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) infrastructure. Test areas include: feature/function, system, performance, and regression. The Custom Solutions QA Analyst works closely with Custom Solutions Development and Project Management staff as a part of our Managed Solutions group and is involved in every phase of the Software Development Life Cycle. This position is comprised of approximately 30% analysis of requirements, 30% executing tests, 20% documenting test results and updating defect reports, and 20% working with Developers, Customer Success Managers and/or Project Managers on resolving issues.
This position may have access to Protected Data. Protected Data is sensitive information, usually client or client customer data that reveals personally identifiable information, or health, or financial information.
REPORTS TO: Director, Customer Development
LOCATION: Dania Beach, FL
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Execute test plans, test cases and test scripts to ensure the correct behavior of various software, telecom and reporting systems
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process
- Be proactive and inquisitive in identifying and finding solutions to recurring problems with software
- Review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable
- Work closely with key stakeholders including Customer, Project Management, Development and Customer Success Management to understand requirements and develop test plans
- Determine severity and impact of issues on the business and communicate status to stakeholders
- Work both independently and with a group of highly skilled QA analysts and developers
- Be flexible with work hours and schedule; provide on-demand support as needed
- Keep up to date on industry technical trends and new QA methodologies to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS or related field; equivalent work experience may be considered
Expertise & Experience
- Three or more years’ experience in a QA role testing CPaaS and/or SaaS solutions (or similar experience)
- Experience creating and executing test plans, test procedures, and test cases
- Experience creating effective test environments
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux operating environments
- Experience writing SQL and NOSQL queries
- Ability to track and report test results and progress against plan
- Experience in Machine Learning, Speech Recognition, Text to Speech, Natural Language Processing, etc… a plus.
- Git experience a plus
- Shell scripting a plus
- Experience with PHP Frameworks like Laravel, Cake, etc. is a plus
- Successfully communicate technical issues clearly to individuals with varying levels of technical knowledge and understanding
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, including customers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Continuous improvement attitude
- Quality-driven, customer service-driven, and continuous improvement-driven to consistently delight internal and external customers
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Positive, professional attitude and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in cross-functional and team environment
- Reacts quickly and adapts to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction
- Effectively multi-tasks and manages multiple projects concurrently in a time-sensitive work environment
For California residents only: Please refer to the link below for IntelePeer’s Applicant CCPA Privacy Notice.