Title: Customer IT Solutions Business Consultant
Location: Tempe, AZ Type: Contract to hire
The Customer IT Solutions Business Consultant is instrumental in ensuring the company creates an experience that is second-to-none by delivering well-architected solutions that enhance the customer and business supply-chain digital experience.
You will be responsible for understanding the clients' needs, gathering requirements, offering solutions that are beneficial to all parties and ultimately working with team members to deliver projects. This individual will have the opportunity to work closely with vendors, as well as internal project team members in order to deliver the technical integrations of a project between the customer and the company and/or local platforms.
The individual must possess a unique blend of Supply Chain Logistics and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of development best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
- Provide consultation on formulating and defining scope of work and objectives to formalize technical project plans based on user needs, business system requirements, industry practices, and incorporation of company best practices.
- Gather requirements to understand business environment, processes, workflows, and functional requirements.
- Understand data models to generate reporting, analytics, web, and other IT solutions based on business need.
- Thoroughly understand the business needs apply this understanding to guide the project to delivery.
- Support quality control tests to validate deliverables.
- Collaborate with project team members to ensure product and process quality.
- Document project content and specifications using internal tools.
- Ensure that deliverables meet documented requirements, are high quality, and are completed on schedule or early.
- Manage change and release process to production.
- Interact with the team and management using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Operate effectively in a high change environment.
- Meet aggressive deadlines and provide quick turnaround.
- Increase the digital footprint with our clients.
What you've got:
- Bachelors with 2 years of work experience or Masters in the fields of Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Very strong customer facing skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to conduct research into application and interface issues.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to manage small and medium projects when required.
- Knowledge of systems integrations processes using industry standard EDI and API.
- Knowledge of US Customs Clearance Processes is preferred.
- Supply Chain Logistics experience is preferred.
- Good knowledge of SDLC.
- Understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.