AIL is a Union company now hiring Customer Service Representatives for our home office in Waco, TX in a remote capacity in the Greater Houston Area.
The Remote CSR is to provide excellent customer service by explaining policy coverage, claim status and assisting with claim payments or other policy information to policyholders and/or interested third parties via inbound calls (no sales).
This position upgrades to a CSR II at 1 year with the company and has additional promotability to Sr CSR with additional tenure.
Primary duties & responsibilities consist of:
- Heavy phone contact with policyholders, providers and interested third parties.
- Processing policyholder requests from inbound phone calls, inbound written correspondence, and emails
- Review and maintain new and revised procedures regarding policy information.
- Maintain department standards for number of calls, average handle and time management
- Customer service background and good phone skills.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral, and organization skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent alpha and number recognition skills
- Demonstrated mathematical abilities
- Basic PC skills
- Able to handle high-stress situations calmly and with tact and professionalism.
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to analyze situations and make logical conclusions.
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- Must be able to type at least 30WPM
- Pay differential available for Bilingual employees (Eng/Span)
- Reliable and predictable attendance of your assigned shift
- Ability to work Full-Time and/or Part-Time based on the specific position for which you're applying
Physical Requirements; Heavy phone and PC usage, sitting for extended periods of time and frequently reaches above shoulder level. Fast-paced environment. Ability to work 40-hour workweek.
*You must reside in the Greater Houston Area, have high-speed internet (20mbps/Upload), and a smartphone for this role. AIL will provide a company workstation to you. Required Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- At least one year of office experience preferred. Telecommunications experience a plus.
- Life and Health insurance background and knowledge of insurance operations desired.
**We are following the social distancing guidelines for COVID-19! All interviews and training have transitioned to a virtual platform.
- A home office/room or quiet and designated space to work in as a remote worker is required.
- Safety is hugely important to us, you will be required to have a fire extinguisher in your home.
- You will be required to have a smart-phone and high-speed internet (20mbps upload) before you can start. Wi-Fi does not suffice, you will be provided with an Ethernet cable and workstation.