Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION OF CANDIDATE NEEDED:
• Perform military base-level communications coordination efforts telephonically in support of hardware and application implementation, address security issues as identified, and maintain the appropriate information in the automated trouble ticket system.
o Identify infrastructure requirements and require facility personnel to install infrastructure components as directed by the Project Manager.
• Provide telephonic support to installation team during the implementation of new software and hardware components.
• Perform troubleshooting of issues that occur during and after implementation.
o Telephonically support the user community by troubleshooting network connectivity issues with base facility infrastructure teams. (centralized dial devices, routers, and firewall administration devices)
o Follow procedural guidelines to respond to and/or research customer problems.
• Provide support for additions, relocations, upgrades, and removal of DEERS and RAPIDS systems and servers.
o Knowledge of the Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop environment
o Knowledge with all network hardware configurations for users of the customer’s database to include the topology, server and workstation hardware platforms, and associated peripherals relative to the applications
o Strong customer service skills and experience with troubleshooting leased line problems.
o Expertise to perform IP packet analysis to determine network errors and/or conflicts.
• Knowledge of data communications protocols and utilities (TCP/IP) and possess the ability to perform rudimentary packet analysis.
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware components (routers, switches, DSU/CSU, Cat5)
• Strong working knowledge of the Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop environment
• Strong working knowledge of PC and peripheral devices (card readers, printers, keyboard, mouse, monitor, digital cameras, and other associated hardware)
• Strong working knowledge of Leased line fault isolation
• 2 years experience using ticketing system applications
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills and prior experience with troubleshooting leased line problems required.
• High School Graduate, or equivalent
• Ability to type 25 words per minute
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Effective listening skills
• Prior customer service experience – 6 + months
• Security + certification is a plus,
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number 3924.
San Francisco, CAContact