VariQ is supporting a U.S. Government customer to provide support for onsite incident response to civilian Government agencies and critical asset owners who experience cyber-attacks, providing immediate investigation and resolution. Contract personnel perform investigations to characterize of the severity of breaches, develop mitigation plans, and assist with the restoration of services. VariQ is seeking a Cyber Analysis Tool Integrator
to support this critical customer mission. Additional Information:
- Location: Arlington, VA
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Security Clearance: Must have an Active Secret Clearance; TS/SCI is preferred
- Availability: Within 2 weeks
- Designing, troubleshooting, and implementing middleware that ties state of the art cybersecurity analysis systems and applications together
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new requirements to meet organizational needs
- Initiates action for evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Coordinates system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implements recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards
- Selects the prototype development process in coordination with customer and system engineering
- Recommends new technologies and research processes for complex software development projects
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified prototype software
- Assists with overseeing one or more software application development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project and deliver solutions
- US. Citizenship
- Must have an active Secret clearance; TS/SCI is preferred
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience in applications development
- Knowledge of secure software development lifecycle and code versioning and maintenance
- Knowledge of interchange and conversion technologies and techniques
- Experience with assessing and integrating commercial off the shelf (COTS) products.
- Experience across the entire field of software technologies and engineering, including information, documentation, databases, model and architecture repositories, analysis, training, testing, data synthesis, hardware, software, standards, economic consideration of selecting techniques, and processes, and interoperability
- Knowledge and familiarity to work with the installation, demonstration, test, validation and evaluation of new and existing software, tools, methods, and software measurement technologies
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree. [7+ years of application development experience with a High School diploma can substitute for a degree and 5+ years of experience]
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.