Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTechs 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nations most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Cyber Defense Network Security Engineer l ocated in the Herndon, VA area with strong customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customers success is driving our growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Design, configure, and maintain network modeling tools.
- Design, configure, and maintain network monitoring and management tools.
- Assess network security posture and recommend modification for enhancement or improvement.
- Communicate vulnerability findings to management and partners.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience plus minimum 10 years of experience is required.
- Excellent problem solving skills a must.
- Deep understanding of network security products and techniques (Firewalls, ACLs, Radius, TACACS, etc.).
- Maintain familiarity with known vulnerabilities and threats.
- Knowledge of network monitoring and management tools (Solarwinds, NMPA, Naggios, etc.).
- Knowledge of Server and Database security.
- Solid understanding of encryption technologies and principles.
- Prior knowledge of Nessus and familiarity with vulnerability assessments is desired.
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) is desired.
- Prior experience with RedSeal is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure,Ability to use MS Office,Ability to use PC,Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills,Interpersonal and People Skills,Listening Skills,MultiTasking Ability,Oral and Written Communication Skills,Switchboard or Computer Operating Skills
Security Clearances: An Active TS/SCI with CI Poly.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.