|Cyber Defense Senior Systems Engineer|
|USA VIRGINIA Herndon|
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Cyber Defense Senior Systems Engineer in the Herndon, Virginia area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Design, configure and maintain virtual resources built using on premise and cloud resources
· Build and maintain virtual machines to ICD 503 accreditation standards using Linux or Windows operating systems
· Install, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Linux or Windows services and applications
· Automate common tasks through creation of shell scripts or by leveraging infrastructure automation and orchestration tools
· Install and configure tools that assist with virtualization management, storage management, network management, and vendor platform management
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
· Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience plus minimum 10 years of experience is required
· Excellent problem solving skills a must
· General understanding of virtual technologies with prior experience implementing infrastructure in virtual environments is required; advanced understanding is desired
· Demonstrated understanding of security risk management framework associated with Sponsor infrastructure and application accreditation is required
· Ability to install, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Linux operating system installations is required to include either Centos or Ubuntu versions
· Basic understanding of common network communication protocols is preferred
· Basic understanding of Windows services and applications is preferred; must be willing to learn
|Requires Bachelor¿s degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience. Minimum of four years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.|
|For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.|