Description: Battlefield-captured digital media contains vast amounts of information to be recovered and analyzed in support of direct action against the enemy. Join the team conducting Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) of Captured Enemy Media (CEM) in support of Counter Terrorism missions being conducted by organizations across the IC and DoD. We analyze all manner of digital media devices from hard-drives to cell phones, conduct parser development, decryption and HW / SW reverse engineering. Our team is comprised of a diverse set of junior, mid-level and senior engineers and analysts, who work together with the customer to maintain situational awareness and understanding of the TTPs, networks, and intentions of a constantly evolving and committed enemy. Join our team and have a role in taking the fight to them.
Position is contingent on contract award.
This role is for a Hardware Exploitation Engineer conducting forensic examination of digital media.
- Conduct reverse-engineering, failure analysis and vulnerability analysis of hardware to identify exploitation opportunities
- Modify hardware to either enable forensic analysis of the media or to change the functionality of the hardware for other purposes
- Perform inspection, imaging, decapsulation, deprocessing and other activities related to hardware reverse engineering and exploitation in a state-of-the-art microelectronics exploitation laboratory
- Development and maintain frameworks, processes, design patterns, techniques, tools and standards for conducting hardware exploitation of digital media
- Keep abreast of and report on scientific, engineering and operation advances in hardware exploitation
- Serve as a SME for NMEC, its partners and customers
- Full-scope forensic examinations from the hardware aspect of media
- Given a target communications device, use reverse engineering tools and methods to determine vulnerabilities of the device for technical exploitation purposes
- Determine how it boots/initializes and obtaining a binary that can be used for reverse engineering
- Identify the function that respond to network connections requests, understand internal communications mechanism, outlining the general structure of the system software and determining how system state is altered/saved
- Prepare technical reports, present results, and demonstrate system capabilities to peer review groups, managers, and sponsors
- Lead teams and participate in the analysis of embedded platform firmware and operating systems to understand security vulnerabilities associated with various platform communication links
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure all requirements of developed capabilities are fully satisfied
- Using knowledge gained through the application of reverse-engineering and other research techniques, design and develop low-level C and assembly applications for embedded ARM platforms that interface directly with platform hardware
- Provide data recovery processes for hard drives, thumb drives and other kinds of media with storage capacity
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least five (5) years of related experience.
- DoD 8570 Compliant Certification.
- Clearance: TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
- Assembly language and C/C++ programming experience. Solid understanding of programming language and operating system concepts
- Experience requiring skills in reverse engineering of embedded systems with proprietary operating systems for the express purpose of introducing functionally to an already existing fielded system
- Experience researching a hardware platform to understand the software and hardware interaction of embedded systems
- Experience requiring knowledge of C and Assembler software development for embedded platforms that run commercial and/or custom operating systems
- Experience requiring a working knowledge of embedded system design, communications with peripheral devices at the hardware level and reverse engineering of system software
- Working experience scripting languages: shell, Perl, Python or the like
- Working experience in microprocessors/architectures: ARM, MIPS, RISC, PowerPC, XScale, StrongARM, x86
- Experience operating systems: VxWorks, Integrity, embedded Linux, Unix, Windows embedded
- Experience IDEs: Tornado, Workbench, VxSim, MULTI, TimeMachine, TraceEdge, Eagle CAD
- Experience in hardware tools and debuggers: Green Hills Proble, SuperTrace Probe, Slingshot, spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, JTAG, Agilent Technologies equipment
- Working experience in software tools and debuggers: Wireshark, IDA Pro, OllyDbg, pcap, gdb, make, hex editor
- Experience requiring excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Master of Science or PhD degree degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience with microprocessor instruction sets.
- Experience with Operating System: RTOS.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.