Unable to work with 3rd Party Vendors. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience as a DBA defining al data models for relational and non-relational databases on the cloud. Have the necessary skills to set standards and policies for managing databases. Able to work with feature teams to review database operations including Data Definition Language (DDLs), Data Manipulation Language (DMLs) and tune for performance.
- Skills: Experience with Oracle database administration (user management, resolution of security scan findings); Experience with Oracle/SQL development
- Location – Remote for now, then Chantilly, VA
Role Description: The Database Administrator (DBA) uses AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) to support SQL development and data analytics for a large software program. Responsible for managing the routine operations and maintenance of databases and ensuring their reliable and efficient performance. Focuses on establishing the architecture, design, and security of various databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design schema, access patterns, locking strategy, SQL development, and tuning.
- Develops and optimizes developer and end user SQL queries
- Work with teams on automating database changes in line with the application changes.
- Generates ad hoc reports by querying from the database
- Establishes standards, controls and procedures to ensure data integrity and security.
- Determines database structural requirements by working with business stakeholders, and identifying optimal database specifications. Ensures that database design and system capabilities meet validated user requirements.
- Supports sequencing diagrams and process flow development, data profiling, data analysis, and logical and physical data modeling.
- Evaluates the integration of new tools or technologies based on the capabilities of the existing infrastructure.
- Creates advanced tests, develops complex databases, and tunes database performance, reviewing database performance trends and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Provides system maintenance support, ensuring that any system disruptions mandated by an upgrade or patch follow the necessary guidelines and approvals.
- Responsible for planning the installation of operating systems, databases, applications, development upgrades, and new releases.
- Plans and executes any needed upgrades to the software applications and ensures necessary licensing is maintained.
- Uses various databases and sources to research system vulnerabilities and potential security attacks.
- Performs capacity planning and projection for future growth.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge or Experience with Amazon Oracle Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Knowledge or Experience with Amazon Data Warehousing technologies (Redshift, Glue, S3, Spectrum, Data Pipleing, Database MIgration Services (DMS))
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Advanced knowledge of database backup and recovery strategies.
- Experience with DBA productivity and performance tools.
- Experience with DoD and Federal Government is strongly desired.
- Advanced knowledge of security network and infrastructure tools, including access control and/or encryption.
- In depth knowledge of troubleshooting skills and out of the box thinking to overcome data obstacles.
- Ability to delegate/split tasks among a team.