Join SAIC's team to help DHS with researching and organizing scientific, engineering, and technological resources and leveraging these existing resources into technological tools to help protect the homeland. Functional teams will work in a Test and Evaluation (T&E) environment to define requirements, then continue through design and development to help programs manage risks, and support deployment and operations through continuous monitoring.
Cybersecurity T&E includes:
- Requirements Engineering
- Standards and integration/development
- Early identification and remediation of technical risks and key failure modes
- Performance. Scale and load.
- Reliability. Throughout operational envelope.
- Interoperability. Exchange data in support of mission.
- Cybersecurity: Operational resilience in contested cyber domain.
The Cyber Resilience T&E Engineer plans and performs high-level engineering analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex solutions that require a thorough knowledge of applied mathematics, scientific, and/or technical skills.
- Designs and prepares engineering plans, reports and related documentation. Support the development of cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation time-lines.
- Perform analyses by applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems. Absorbs, integrates and interprets data through various methodologies.
- Provide Cyber test and evaluation expertise in order to assist the Government with ensuring that DHS acquisition programs adequately assess their Cyber posture and generate a suitable test and evaluation approach that is executable.
- Work with other project staff (management, scientists, or subject matter experts) to develop and refine concepts of operations, operational plans, and training requirement to make optimum use of existing and planned systems.
- Support to the instructional advisor in regards to cyber resilience T&E inclusion within the T&E curriculum. SME shall provide as directed focused training on cyber resilience T&E.
- Review plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assists in the development of training for operational personnel. Support, guidance, recommendations and mentoring within reliability T&E to all Deputy Director's in the review of programs T&E Master Plans (TEMP), Operational Test Plans and the development of Letter of Assessments.
- Support the translation of customer requests into technical specifications by serving as a liaison between vendors, clients, and project developers.
- M.S/M.A. degree and at least has 10 years of experience in complex engineering or technical efforts involving multiple facets of engineering disciplines.
- Must have experience in analysis, engineering, or technical efforts related to complex system development or acquisition. This includes, but is not limited to, experience supporting strategic planning, mission and requirements development, and program definition functions, and providing assistance in developing strategic vision.
- Experience providing analysis to evaluate the degree to which differing systems solutions are effective and feasible.
- T&E Level III completion of training for DHS and / or commercial equivalent T&E certification, this can include training from the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System for example.
- Must have active DOD Secret or DHS Secret clearance.
- Travel 10% (CONUS/OCONUS).
- Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with T&E Mission Areas Cyberspace & Homeland Security Enterprise Programs is preferred.
- Prior DHS experience including any Components or Directorates of DHS.
- Customs and Border protection (CBP)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- U.S. Secret Services (USSS)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Science and Technology (S&T)
- Management (USM)
- National Protection & Programs (NPPD)
- Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD)
- Homeland Security Acquisition Institute (HSAI)
My SAIC Benefits.