Job Description: Cyber Risk Fusion SIEM Engineer
Are you interested in improving the cyber and organizational risk profiles of leading companies? Do you want to be involved in delivering Fusion Managed / Security Operations Center (SOC) Services including identifying unauthorized activities and intrusions in their networks in real time? Are you excited about rapidly changing operational environments, learning what you need to get the job done, and producing accurate and timely results?
If yes, then Deloitte's Fusion Managed Services (FMS) team could be the place for you! Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping cyber initiatives today. Deloitte's FMS business is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Delivering our industry leading services requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated services provider in helping to transform the cyber security services marketplace.
Our team is client focused and mission driven. As a SIEM Engineer in Deloitte's Fusion Managed Services, you'll work with our diverse teams of passionate professionals to help solve for some of today's toughest cybersecurity challenges to enable or clients to achieve business growth and manage risk.
Work y ou'll d o
As a SIEM Engineer you will be managing and providing SIEM health and operational support, including supporting to architecture changes, tool deployments and advanced content development .
You will be closely working with Security Operations Center (SOC) , Content, TIA and ThreatConnect teams as an advanced escalation point in identifying and addressing potential information security incidents .
- SIEM configuration management, t roubleshoot ing, addressing complex issue s and day to day operations management.
- Onboard data sources develop new and custom parsers and SIEM architecture assessment and design reviews .
- Deliver advisory support and education relating to the SIEM to other technology personnel and to technology management .
- Help define, implement and monitor key risk indicators and key performance indicators (KRIs/KPIs) .
- Keep abreast of latest IT security, regulatory and compliance trends to support various risk \data models.
- Assist in Use Case Roadmap development for client and updating Use Cases into UC Repository .
- Coordinating with fellow engineers and supporting a dvanced Use Case development (Use Case from Roadmap as well as hunting related UCs) .
- Help structure our content development pipelines across clients based on the maturity of the client environments as well as the latest trends in security .
- Review system security plans, network diagrams, vulnerability and patching requirements .
- Develop scripts to simplify data collection and other laborious tasks that are necessary to occur throughout onboarding of log sources .
- Quality review for HLUC, TUC, UC Testing, Parser, Runbooks and other Technical documents .
- Submitting documentation through the QRM process .
- 24/7 on-call support (as needed) .
- Take ownership and b e the central POC for escalations .
- Managing and providing knowledge transfer to Junior SIEM Engineers as you grow within the firm.
- Coordinate with various technical groups and attend in-person client meetings .
- Build relationship with client counterpart (i.e. Lead Security Engineer or manager on Client side) .
- Adhere to internal operational security and other Deloitte policies
- P articipate in short term project work as assigned
- Bachelor of engineering or Science in computer s , information systems, information security, Math, decision sciences, risk management, or other business/technology disciplines or equivalent work experience .
- CISSP, CEH or equivalent .
- Able to work in shifts on a rotating basis for 24 X7.
- Three to five years' experience in security information and/or technology engineering support .
- Experience with the following technologies: leading SIEM technologies (Splunk Qradar \LogRhythm \Nitro\Chronicle , IDS/IPS, network- and host- based firewalls, data leakage protection (DLP) , common EDR platforms etc.
- Understanding of possible attack activities such as network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity, exfiltration, credential access, etc.
- An understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain, the MITRE attack framework, various TTPs described within and commonly used by attackers as well as how to write detection rules for them in SIEM and EDR solution.
- Understanding of Cloud tools, technologies and logging mechanism including understanding to common network devices such as routers, switches , load balancers etc.
- Understanding of typical cloud threats and knowledge of how to detect and prevent them.
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as IP, DNS, HTTP , and the network stack
- Basic knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient. TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.