If you want to work for an organization where you can truly make important contributions to the Nation while gaining experience and knowledge in numerous leading technologies, please apply now for consideration. IDA has excellent benefits, competitive compensation, stability and is a great place to work.
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) has an immediate need for a senior Cyber Security Analyst. The Cyber Security Analyst identifies and resolves potential security breaches and vulnerabilities; maintains information security tools necessary to ensure the secure operation of IDA's information system infrastructure; conducts audits, in collaboration with other IT staff, to determine system configurations that ensure compliance with information security policies and guidelines. Leads cross divisional project teams to implement organization wide cyber security enhancements. Provides oversight and mentoring or junior and mid-level analyst. #ITatIDA
Manages Information Security Monitoring
- Monitors and analyzes information security alerts from network devices and information systems
- Responds and/or directs the response to information security incidents
- Analyzes indicators of compromise for use in detection
- Reports risk posture of information systems
- Collaborates with industry and government sponsors on new threat indicators
Executes Media Forensics and Malware Analysis
- Forensic analysis of information systems and portable devices
- Forensic recovery of data using industry tools
- Behavioral analysis of malware to provide indicators for monitoring
Plans Information System Security Evaluation and Hardening
- Evaluates new information security technologies
- Configures and implement information security technologies
- Validates system hardening and provides guidance for security configuration
- Evaluates network and system security configuration for risk based access control
Leads Information Security Training and Projects
- Develops employee awareness training for relevant information security trends
- Evaluates information security trends, tools and techniques for potential application to infrastructure and research areas
- Manages and/or contributes to information technology projects
Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) Degree in computer science, computer security, or related discipline AND seven years of experience in Information Technology which includes at least five years of experience in cyber security; OR, 9 years of experience in Information Technology which includes at least five years of experience in cyber security.
- Possesses or able to obtain within six months an information security certification commensurate with DoD Instruction 8570.
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining certification and accreditation of information systems.
- Extensive experience with a variety of vulnerability scanners, monitoring, auditing and intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, and forensic or incident response actions.
- Demonstrated experience with incident handling, threat indicators, and identification of internet and computer based threats.
- Experience working in IT or Information Security projects and teams.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer