Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
Long Term Project
Contract Type: W2, C2C and 1099
We are looking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies. Cyber Security Engineers are expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, a Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network.
Cyber Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Supports implementation of client-facing systems and security in the AWS or Azure clouds or GovCloud and monitors security controls to ensure compliance with NIST guidelines and ISSI security policies.
- Implements procedures and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to information security standards and monitors security controls on a recurring basis to assure information security (SP800-37/137/53A).
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
Cyber Security Engineer Requirements:
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
- Work experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics.
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell.
- Integrated development environments
- Linux/Unix system administration (RHEL preferred)
- Familiar with cloud technologies/tools (containers) and DevOps
- Familiar with CI/CD pipeline
- Familiar with agile development processes and methodology
- Advanced knowledge of secure operating systems as well as data security.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.