WANTED: a Cybersecurity Engineer to support JWAC at NSWC Dahlgren.
As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you will:
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Cybersecurity Engineer:
- Act as ACAS SME.
- Report current operational status of Scanning service as required upon start of each workday.
- Maintain operational capability of the current Vulnerability Management System across multiple enclaves
- Maintain compliant scanning suite of tools including the installation, updating, and patching as required by DoD Directives of the associated Linux and windows based servers.
- Administer/Operate scanning suite
- Produce/update/maintain requested reports, dashboards, and metrics based off of requirements.
- Ensure CMRS reports are successfully published as mandated.
- Provide assistance as necessary to customers to assist in their remediation efforts.
- Communicate with customer both orally and in written form as necessary to stay informed of status of systems and be aware of any issues and provide recommendations to improve cybersecurity services.
- Attend required meetings and provide input as is necessary.
- Provide backup support to HBSS personnel in monitoring the statuses of the modules (Rogue Detection, Server Task execution, etc).
- Create/review/update/test processes and procedures as needed/directed.
- Conduct scans of stand alone labs as requested/required.
- Provide support to IA personnel (ISSOs, ISSMs).
- Work with customer to develop and test scripts in order to augment Cyber Security features and capabilities.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans.