Company Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer Specialist, SR (Tech Writer)
Clearance:TS/SCILocation: Springfield, VA
Reports To:Program ManagerFLSA Status:Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
The Cyber SecurityEngineer Specialist, SR (Tech Writer)
provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Communicates, prepares instruction manuals, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily.
· Develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers, designers, and manufacturers.
· Conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems
· Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks
· Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures
· Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis
· Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements
· Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements
· Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements Non-Essential Duties:
· Other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibilities:
· NONE Minimum Qualifications:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Masters Degree and 10 years relevant work experience required; An additional 6 years of releveant work experience may be used in lieu of degree
· Experience writing A&A documentations to include CONOPS, Configuration Management Plans, System Security Plans, SOP’s
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- TS/SCI Required
- Must obtain IASAE II: CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE or CSSLP within 6 months of hire
· Knowledge of requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices
· Ability to produce high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials Diversity:
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce. Ethics:
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Physical Demands:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work Environment :
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise. Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.