Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
The Customer is seeking expertise to assist with cyber investigative efforts, conduct network traffic analysis, support security focused network architecture reviews, assess data pertaining to network intrusions and/or cyber related attacks on customer equities, assess Customer's operational technologies. This work includes but not limited to:
- Analyze IP network traffic for security issues as it related to security, technical and operational vulnerabilities and risk.
- Conduct network or networking technology assessments and write assessment reports based on findings
- Cyber analytic experience, specifically familiarity with cyber actor ttps
- Provide insight into latest threats and countermeasures
- Evaluate network operations using network management platforms, auditing functions, and log reviews
- Provide recommendations for end-to-end technical analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
All personnel coming into customer organization undergoes
an additional security review that can take anywhere from 7 business days to 30 days or more. QualificationsRequired skills:
- Experience working on TCP/IP networking projects and demonstrated experience with cyber security, and/or network security principles
- Experience with troubleshooting, investigating issues associated with IP network products including routers, switches, wireless networking, VPN's, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Internet-of-Things (IOT) appliances
- Demonstrated experience with communications protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, MPLS, OPSF, IGRP, BGP
- Knowledge and experience with encryption products, methodologies, configuration
- Knowledge and experience with Network Packet Capture Appliances/ Applications, such as Netwitness, Solera, Probe, Wireshark, Snort
- Knowledge and experience with Network Vulnerability Scanner, Web Scanner, and Database Scanner, such as Nessus, Weblnspect, AppDetective
- Experience with Network Management products such as HP OpenView, Solarwind
- Experience with Anonymous/Privacy Internet capabilities and supporting network architecture
- Experience with Splunk
- Shall work independently with little supervision
- Shall be flexible to support customers located throughout the Washington Metro Area.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD. Equivalency requires substantive experience in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience, plus 7+ years of network/cyber security experience in a secure environment.
About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Knowledge of Telephony Systems and VoIP
- Experience with Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2), Windows Workstation (7/8.1), Linux (Redhat/Debian), and OSX operating systems
- Interface with vendors and third-party producers
- One or more of the following Certifications: Ethical Hacker
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional, Juniper
- NCSP, or Juniper NCP
- Amazon Cloud Service Certification or similar cloud certification
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).