Our client is currently seeking a Cyber Security Manager
Duration: Direct Hire/Perm
Location: Washington, DE
Clearance: Active Secret IS A MUST
This job will have the following responsibilities:
* The Security Manager ensures that the Information Security programs comply with the Government's Information Assurance (IA) security requirements, including the evaluation and resolution of new Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), successful Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process compliance, and the completion of IA reporting requirements.
* The Security Manager shall guide the production support team to assess the impact of each vulnerability through a risk assessment process as they are identified by the Government, develop and implement a patching plan, and document all findings in formal monthly reports.
* The Security Manager will support FTC compliance with FISMA.
* Among other things, this includes compliance with the NIST Information Security Publications and Standards (SP-800 series and FIPS), applicable DISA and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)s, and relevant Office of Management and Budget (OMB) directives and other federal guidance.
* The Security Manager will also support the FTC in the maintenance of the System Security Plan.
STEM degree from accredited institution and 10-15+ years of experience
Government systems experience
Successful Certification and Accreditation experience
* Ability to lead contractor personnel to achieve effective scanning/patching/remediation efforts in compliance with FTC and contractual obligations
* In-depth experience with Tenable Security Center to execute and clearly define recommended remediation requirements to Team Leads
* Ability to harness reporting abilities of security tools such as Nessus, Shavlik and SCCM to assist Program Manager and Data Center lead in utilizing contractor resources to achieve patch compliance
* Collaborating with client to identify and remediate procedural and operational discrepancies impeding compliance with FISMA
Experience in one of the following disciplines:
Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Management/Business Management, or Computer Science.
* Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
* ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
* Demonstrated experience ensuring Information Security programs comply with IA security programs
* Demonstrated experience assessing, preventing, and correcting IA Security vulnerabilities
* Demonstrated experience creating program documentation detailing system security concepts, system risk assessments, tailored security plans, and vulnerability assessments
* Demonstrated experience reporting status and recommendations for improvements, to Government managers
* Demonstrated experience leading teams performing VMware, Windows, Linux, Oracle, Cisco and database Information assurance compliance/hardening and administration.
* Implementation of STIG checklists and requirements on a server, appliance or system
Please send qualified resumes to Melody Georgiou at firstname.lastname@example.org