Description Job Description:
Are you looking for an opportunity to support the United States Department of Defense systems to ensure they are secure and reliable? Our Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Defense team is looking for an experienced Cyber Security Operations Watch (CSOW) Analyst to work with our N2NOMS program which is situated in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Cyber Security Operations Watch Analysts will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. Cyber Security Operations Watch Analysts provides 24x7 support to monitor and implement cyber threat mitigation and to obtain steps that an adversary must go through to achieve their goal.
This position will report directly to the Cyber Security Operations Watch Lead, with regular interaction with the Cyber Security Manager and government POCs. What will you do in this role?
The following qualifications are required in order to be considered...
- Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact to the overall NORAD/USNORTHCOM Government mission.
- Engage with NORAD/USNORTHCOM Government customers, internal customers, team members and management, to fulfill cyber security requirements.
- Take responsibility for development and fielding efforts including testing/installation of operating systems and application lock-down consistent with the current status of cyber security regulations.
- Analyze current cyber and Risk Management Framework (RMF) protocols to complex server, network and interconnected systems to resolve and satisfy the conditions necessary to achieve an Authority to Operate.
- Take responsibility for multiple systems, function interchangeably within a team of engineers and support a cross functional approach to resolving the myriad of issues confronting applications and systems operating within a highly complex and interconnected networked environment.
- Take ownership of a segment of the solution and pursues the implementation across multiple technical areas.
- Use your deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas experience with the application of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to operating Systems, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) monitoring and application, system vulnerability scanning and mitigation of findings, and remediation of findings.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions that meet network and system security requirements and perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems, networks and applications in conjunction with the tasking being simultaneously performed by the other cyber professionals, network staff, other corporate teammates and resident Government staff.
- Define solutions, communicates it to the stakeholders.
- Present the solution and the adequacy of the solution to the stakeholders to ensure their acceptance, and then implement it within the context of a larger effort.
- Evaluate the network to identify potential issues of network, system, and user cyber threat activity.
- Recommend appropriate countermeasures to deter and stop cyber threat.
- Conduct cyber vulnerability analysis and response.
- Enact and execute downward directed Defensive Cyber Operations actions.
- Execute Information Condition (INFOCON) or Cyber Protection Condition (CPCON) Maintain up to date IP space tracking with subordinate boundaries.
- Ensure access to the NOC and the CWOC-DCO watch.
- Identify and update lists of point of contact for all system/IP inquiries from the CWOC for the entire N&NC IP space.
- Provide expertise on technical and mission impact assessments and liaise with the CWOC and JCC for all Cybersecurity related incidents.
- Conduct technical course of action analysis for cyber threat response based on vulnerabilities, architecture, and defense in depth strategies in place.
- Determine which action analysis are appropriate.
- Develop solutions and determines process improvements by providing root cause analysis for vulnerability exploitation and attack realization.
- Report any security vulnerability produced as a result of the implementation of defensive cyber efforts to the CWOC.
- Provide and compile daily reports to track new and ongoing issues, status of implementation of solutions, results of various analysis, activities, observations, and determine upcoming actions
- Monitor systems and directives, and ensures compliance.
- Develop appropriate tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for response to cyber threats, cyber security, and access-related incidents, downward directed tasks, and insider threat triggers.
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years relevant experience or a Masters degree with less than 2 years of experience. Additional years of applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to get Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) within 4 months.
- Ability to get DoD 8570 CSSP in any of the following within 6 months: (Analyst, Infrastructure Support, Incident Responder or Auditor).
- Current Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI and maintain it.
- Experience recommending additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Experience supporting the formal Cybersecurity/IA testing required by government accrediting authorities, and preparing System Security Plans.
- Familiarity with NORAD/USNORTHCOM systems.
- CISSP/CISM Certification.
- DoD 8570 IAM III Certification.
- Experience in development of end user operating manuals and documentation.
- Experience in training of end users in Operating System and SW application installation and operation.
- Familiarity with Virtualization, particularly VMware/Vsphere.
N2NOMS Pay Range:
Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00