Cyber Security and Programs Manager
From: Reading Area Community College
Date: July 25, 2022
Job Title: Cyber Security and Programs Manager
Position Type: Full-time / Fiscal Year (Exempt Supervisory – Confidential)
Department/Area: Information Technology / Finance and Administrative Services
Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000 per year
Reports To: CIO-Director of Information Technology
Working Hours: Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment. This position requires working on-site.
Summary: Serves as the cyber security manager for endpoint and anti-virus system administration, end-user cyber security awareness training, security camera system and card access maintenance, vulnerability and penetration testing lead, email filtering administrator, and internal security patch distribution of the college’s IT and communications systems. Responsible for the remediation, planning, implementation, and support of the college’s information security systems and training platform.
Education and/or Experience:
- Microsoft MCP certification
- Two years leadership experience demonstrated by career advancement, increased management responsibility, and/or participation in formal leadership or management training programs.
- Proficient in Server Technology, including Microsoft Windows server, Hyper-V or similar virtualization, Microsoft Exchange, and Active Directory skills
- Experience with system architecture and design, high-availability applications, SAN equipment, and server configuration including with Dell brand equipment
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure and concepts: switches, routers, VLAN, TCP/IP, and OSI models. Experience with CISCO switches, routers, and firewalls are a plus
- Demonstrated initiative, project leadership skills and experience
- Associates Degree in an IT-related field
- Security + or other security-related certification
- Other Microsoft or Cisco Certifications are a plus
- Experience in a Union environment
- KnowBe4 or similar end-user security training platform experience
- Veeam or similar backup/availability software
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Community College Experience
To perform in this role successfully, an individual: must be proficient with word processing software, spreadsheet software, and standard office equipment, a wide range of computing hardware and information technology analytical tools and software
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day cyber security operations of the college’s computer system by monitoring system logs, generating reports, training end-users, validating system backup integrity, and providing issue resolution.
- Maintain system and application documentation to ensure operational reliability and security.
- Develop end-user security awareness training schedule.
- Perform periodic “Phishing campaigns” to gauge end-user security awareness training effectiveness.
- Supervise and provide direction to helpdesk staff, contractors, and consultants.
- Provide support to end-users as required.
- Establish procedures, guidelines, and schedules for installation and maintenance of security patches and upgrades.
- Research, evaluate and recommend to management, emerging technologies that meet the college’s strategic objectives to provide advanced system security, reliability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Serve as the lead for cyber security initiatives as assigned by the CIO-Director of IT.
- Manage and maintain security posture and policies for devices connected to the college’s information systems.
- In coordination with the CIO-Director of IT and other IT management, assist in the development of contract specifications and terms for acquisition of server hardware, software, support, training and consulting services.
- Coordinate third-party support and maintenance for server hardware, software, and telecommunications services as needed.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with all software and hardware licensing and copywrite requirements.
- Remain aware of cyber security best practices and reports potential risks or suspected violations of information security policies and procedures to management.
- Support Systems Administrator & Helpdesk Manager and Manager Programming and Database Services as required.
Directly supervises full-time, regular part-time and other part-time employees as assigned to the position. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with College's policies, Collective Bargaining Agreements and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, and taking corrective action with employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of at least three (3) professional references immediately to and indicate FAS-CSPM in the subject line of the email.
For a complete job description, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3281304
If you have any questions /concerning this position or to review the complete job description, please contact the Human Resources Office at .
RACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.