Cyber Security Specialist - Policy & Standards
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The role works with Honeywell Global Security (HGS) & Honeywell businesses in support of the Security Policy Program. This role involves interfacing with HGS, Enterprise IT and Business leaders and staff to ensure overall Security Policy Program objectives are executed consistent with Program expectations and support the business and regulatory requirements and meet Honeywell quality standards.
The role will report into the Director of Policy & Standards, HGS and is responsible to drive the execution of policy program tasks with an emphasis on policy assurance tasks including gap assessments and controls development. This position will impact security policy and standards across the entire organization.
You will have the opportunity to showcase your proven experience and...
- Provide technical analysis of existing and future security technologies and services as well as participate in bench-marking exercises to align Security Policies / Standards / Services to industry best practices.
- Participate in the technical evaluation possible impact on systems & network security
- Provide technical security requirements in support of the advancement and currency of Security Policies and Standards
- Develop and publish Information Security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements.
- Conduct compliance gap assessments against both proposed and issued requirements
- Drive completion of Security Policy Program tasks with attention to detail and integrity
- Manage highly collaborative efforts for creating and implementing controls against Global Information Security Policies and Standards.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Engineering degree, including a Masters in Information Security is a plus.
- Significant experience in information security domain including strong understanding of Information Security best practices, Industry control frameworks, processes and solutions
- Extensive hands-on experience with Internet firewall, DMZ, Extranet, VPN, intrusion detection and forensic technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of all Windows platforms, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX and Linux
- Significant experience and understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite, routing, switching, and bridging in LAN/WAN multi-national environments.
- Experience in maintaining common IT technologies such as firewall, VPN, PKI, E-business and web technologies, vulnerability & risk assessment, intrusion detection, event correlation TCP/IP, SNMP.
- Proficiency with the IT Security Common Body of Knowledge.
- Willingness and interest to stay abreast of both old and new security vulnerabilities and continually keep up to date on the latest security best practices and technologies.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of current IT security platforms and technologies
- Strong knowledge of cryptography as it relates to computer and network security as well as file and email encryption required.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT security industry compliance frameworks (example: NIST 800-53, ISO 27001/2).
- Preference will be given for the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CISSP and CCNA
- Knowledge and/or experience with process improvement and quality control methodologies such as Six Sigma a plus
- A self-starter, with limited supervision & be able to work effectively in a global diverse environment
- Experience in Investigations and Compliance
- Strong, demonstrated project management skills with excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical users
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status. Created with Snap Investigate Cyber Security Best Practices Create & Publish Security Guidelines Conduct Security Gap Assessments Drive Security Policy Programs
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req142658
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.