Description Job Description:
NGEN at Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist Junior - Transport Service Delivery position. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NGEN mission. NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. The Position involves extensive knowledge of network communications, architecture, security controls and configuration.
Candidates for this position are highly motivated and have working knowledge of network operations, fault diagnosis, repair, installation, configuration, cabling, passive infrastructure, troubleshooting, project execution, and COMSEC Operations, as well as the ability to follow detailed policies and procedures. The ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced and mission-focused environment is a must.Primary Duties
The selected candidate will operate all aspects of Information Systems (IS) data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- As part of the Transport Service Delivery Team, this candidate will Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems.
- Develop and execute Government approved security policies, plans, and procedures; implement data network security measures, and perform certification of IS and networks.
- Perform other information security duties including operation of Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) and maintenance of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) as required.
- Design, implement, and operate Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and related security operations.
- Perform defensive cyber operation duties including, but not limited to, ensuring workstation and server compliancy with Marine Corps McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) requirements; identifying cybersecurity incidents using HBSS, Tenable SecurityCenter, RedSeal, McAfee Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), and other automated tools; operating Imperva Web Application and Database firewalls; performing forensics and remedial action on cybersecurity incidents; and reporting defensive cyber operations statistics.
- Four (4) years of information technology (IT) relevant experience
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must currently possess an active Secret clearance
- Must have current IAT Level II Certification: Comp TIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security
- Must have current Network Vendor Associate Level Certification is required: Cisco CCNA Security, Palo Alto, Forcepoint, or other applicable vendor technology utilized in the NMCI network.
- Ability to be scheduled to work, or be called in to work during off hours and weekends to meet customer mission support requirements
- Experience writing access control lists
- Experience designing, implementing, and configuring Firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, SOAR, Proxies, and other security relevant technologies.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% including possible OCONUS travel
External Referral Bonus:
- DevOps, CI/CD experience
- Scripting experience (i.e. Python, etc)
- Automation experience (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Professional or Expert level vendor certifications
- ITIL certifications
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Standard Plus On CallRequisition Category:
Cyber OperationsPay Range: