At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is looking for a System Security Engineer (SSE) to support the Systems Engineering organization in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will support Development and Production programs within the program portfolio and will identify cybersecurity risks and design, develop, integrate, test and verify system security solutions. The candidate will be responsible for identifying cybersecurity risks, working with stakeholders to develop a technical and programmatic plan for remediation, and driving the incorporation of cybersecurity improvements into the weapon system.Essential Functions:
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- The SSE will support cybersecurity and certification/authorization tasks as defined in DODI 8500.01 and SECNAVIST 5239.3C.
- The SSE will report within the Systems Engineering Integration Team (SEIT) organization.
- The SSE will perform ACAS, SCAP and STIG verifications on development and production systems in local development labs as well as domestic remote sites.
- The SSE will participate in development of automation / scripting solutions to improve efficiency of SSE efforts.
- The SSE will prepare artifacts such as drawings, hardware / software lists, PPSMs & POA&Ms. The SSE will perform assessments and help determine appropriate security controls and develop and incorporate mitigations to assessed risks.
- The SSE will utilize existing skills as well as develop new skills to aid in the design and implementation of automation and best practices with the intent to increase efficiency and level of quality of both processes and products.
- The SSE will coordinate with and assist other IPTs in their system security engineering efforts and will participate in active and open dialog with all program and customer stakeholders all with the ultimate intent to improve the system security posture and products.
- This role is located on-site and will require up to 25% travel in support of enterprise SSE needs.
- Assist in Mission-Based Cyber Risk Assessment
- Assist in Identification of risks via vulnerability assessment, attack path analysis, Cyber Table-Top exercises, etc.
- Completion of ACAS, SCAP an STIG verification in local labs and remote sites
- Preparation of authorization artifacts such as drawings, PPSM and POA&Ms
- Assist in the development of recommendations for remediation and/or mitigation of vulnerabilities
- Provide support, mentorship, and communication conduit for IPTs in regard to their security related needs and efforts.
- Assist Team Lead in preparing plans, schedules, reports and artifacts for Management
- Assist Team Lead in oversight of the DoDI 8140 /8570 process within the program
- Coordination and verification of WTS implementation
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of relevant experience, or a Master's Degree in STEM with 0 years of related engineering experience
- Active Secret DoD clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
- Exposure to the concepts of technical security controls and the RMF process as defined in NIST SP 800-53 and NIST SP 800-37
- DoD 8570 IASAE Level II certification (e.g. Security+) or ability to achieve within a reasonable amount of time to meet the needs of the business
- DoD Top Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570 IASAE Level III certification (e.g., CISSP)
- DISA ACAS Training
- Networking Experience
- Proficiency performing ACAS/SCAP an STIG verification on DoD weapons systems
- Working knowledge of technical security controls and the RMF process as defined in NIST SP 800-53 and NIST SP 800-37
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and practices as applied to military/weapons systems
- Experience producing diagrams / drawings using VISIO
- Working knowledge of programming/ scripting languages (e.g., Python)
- Proficiency in Linux/Windows system administration
- Prior experience working on NAVAIR weapons systems
- Experience remediating, mitigating, and documenting cybersecurity vulnerabilities; experience maintaining or supporting POA&M documentation
- Experience defining software/hardware requirements and reviewing or developing verification tests
$90,600 USD - $136,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.