B. Key Responsibilities (Critical responsibilities and skills of this position, listed in order of importance)
- Work with management and the customer to gather necessary information from appropriate contract personnel, other customer staff, and applicable policy, regulations, and best practices to support the customer in developing, writing, formatting, and editing cyber security related policies, processes, and standards.
- Ensure that the policies, processes, and standards are in line with FedRAMP, NIST, FIPS, FISMA, DISA SRG, Security of Network and Information Security Directives( as applicable), and OMB guidance.
- Work with internal team members to obtain an in-depth understanding of customer specific security requirements in order to translate them into policies, processes, and standards.
- Produce high quality documentation that meets security requirements and is appropriate for the intended customer specified audience
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to the team and the customer for additional policies, processes, and standards.
C. Job Profile
Required Skills and Knowledge (Brief description of technical knowledge or skills needed to perform the job)
Five or more years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation preferred.
- Experience with the development and/or updating of cyber security related policies, processes, or standards for the last two years.
- Experience with technical documentation related to FIPS 199, NIST SP 800-37, NIST SP 800-53 REV 4, continuous monitoring, and POA&M management.
- Strong writing skills for process, procedural document review/updating, audit findings, and vulnerability management/remediation reports
- Audit preparation Auditor interaction Reporting and metrics deliverables
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and implement changes immediately.
Required Competencies (Critical behaviors necessary to successfully perform the job)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Logical and efficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Detailed oriented.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Required Work Experience (Brief description of the job-related experience needed to perform the job)
- Five or more years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products especially Word, Excel, and Visio.
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
- Citizen of the United States with the ability to obtain ADP II security clearance
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, or management information systems and two years related work experience.
Required Languages (Brief description of the language skills needed to perform the job)
Travel / Rotation Requirements (Brief description of any travel or rotation requirements)