The Cyber Solutions Architect/Technical SME will report to the Cyber Programs Line of Business Lead. As Solutions Architect/Technical SME, you will be responsible for the standardizing methodologies and processes in direct alignment with the vision and goals within the cyber line of business strategy. The Solution Architect will also support VariQ's business development activities to include discovery, advisory, solutioning, writing and oral presentations, requiring a breadth and depth of knowledge and experience in Cyber Risk Management & Engineering, solution development and best practices. The Solutions Architect will have the opportunity to work closely with the executive team, influence the portfolio growth strategy, develop proprietary frameworks, and create reusable content for others to customize.
* Location: VariQ office in Rockville, MD
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: None required, ability to attain a clearance required.
* Available: ASAP
* Develop and mature the security risk management methodology, processes, and overall capability in alignment with the Cyber Line of Business and VariQ strategy;
* Distinguish yourself as a technology enthusiast while effectively articulating the services of the cyber competencies;
* Develop standardized proposal ready technical content for each cyber capability in coordination with the Cyber competencies leads;
* Manage the cyber line of business pipeline through the identification and prioritization of business opportunities in coordination with the Cyber competencies leads;
* Provide weekly and monthly reports on the status of the pipeline and reporting as required;
* Act as the senior technical resource with the business development group by contributing technical expertise, writing, and/or SMEs from the Cyber organization to contribute to proposal activity;
* Conduct technical evaluations of RFPs and other (pre)bid documentation to provide feedback to the Business Development team;
* Participate in development and review of proposal strategies and themes;
* Analyzing RFP/bid requirements to develop technical proposal outline;
* Participate and/or facilitate proposal technical solutioning sessions;
* Write original technical content;
* Work with internal and external SMEs to coordinate writing assignments and ensure the content follows the proposal strategy and win theme;
* Work with project PMs and SMEs to collect raw data points and use them as input for the proposal response;
* Review the content of other technical writers and provide constructive feedback;
* Contribute to the preparation of high-quality presentation decks, white papers or other technical and/or marketing materials;
* Deliver oral presentations to clients and other stakeholders;
* Work with project managers to provide inputs for staffing plans, LCATs, Position Descriptions and System LOEs;
* Work with graphic artist to create graphics for effective illustration of key points of the proposed solution;
* Deliver technical overviews and presentations to clients and management;
* Deliver proposed solutions and lead white-boarding discussions with senior management, business development organization, clients, and partners;
* Provide technical expertise, training and support to security risk management projects; act as a technical mentor;
* Maintain cutting edge expertise in related technology knowledge through continued research, training, and supporting Cyber contract requirements;
* Represent the VariQ team in meetings with senior government executives and/or enterprise architects and provide high-level technical input and consulting advice.
* Will have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience; Master's preferred
* Will have and maintain at least one relevant technical certification; CISSP, CISA or CISM
* Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in the IT industry with broad range of experiences in tools and technologies;
* Sound understanding of current trends and best practices - security risk management, threat & vulnerability management, security engineering, SA&A, cloud technologies;
* Candidate will have the ability to develop strong working relationships with all relevant parties especially at the senior management level;
* Independent, passionate, abstract thinker;
* Ability to work well with others in a collaborative manner and be a self-starter with minimum supervision;
* Ability to find clarity in ambiguity and synthesize a solution from disparate raw inputs;
* Team player capable of working in a results oriented environment;
* Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills are a must;
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Business Development