The Systems Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems.
- Provides second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolutions of problems.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Possesses experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated hardware: mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
1. Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
2. Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
3. Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
4. Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
5. Candidate must have TS/SCI with Polygraph
6. 3 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree. Preferred Qualifications:
1. Ability to work independently
2. Ability to work across different Project Teams
3. Willingness to learn to skills
4. Proficient organization and communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.