Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 2 or 3. The location is Chantilly, Va.
The Cyber Systems Engineer will serve as a systems engineer and scrum master for a big data application being migrated to the cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for tracking requirements, planned work, reporting progress to management, and testing deployments.
* Assist in performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
* Manage software development efforts and support system delivery using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques as defined by the Sponsor
* Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
* Prepare release notes, deployment packages and briefings
* Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
* Identify issues affecting end-to-end performance of enterprise-level IT systems, and provide recommendations for improvement
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3
Basic Qualifications for alevel 2 are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related technical field and a minimumof 2 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Basic Qualifications for alevel 3 are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related technical field and a minimumof 5 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
* Active TS/SCI/Poly
* Experience supporting the development, modification, or maintenance of complex systems
* Familiar with techniques used to analyze information gathered from end-users and define system requirements/specifications
* Experience defining work problems, designing technical solutions, and developing procedures to solve problems.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently
* Demonstrated ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals via formal and informal briefings and technical exchange meeting
* Previous experience identifying technology gaps in a system's current capabilities and processes.
* Understanding of basic C2S services
* Experience with analytic applications
* Experience working with cloud technology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.