Business Group HighlightsIntelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.Responsibilities
The Sponsor is seeking expertise to support the design, engineering, implementation, and maintenance for mission systems/networks, and applications for technology and cyber related investigations. The Cyber Security Analyst will analyze, investigate and provide in-depth synopses of Sponsor and various external customer projects and technical initiatives from all disciplines. The Cyber Security Analyst will assist with investigative efforts, conduct network traffic analysis, support security focused network architecture reviews, and assess data pertaining to network intrusions and/or cyber related attacks on customer equities. The person fulfilling this role is also responsible for analyzing of data on operational technologies to minimize risks. Activities performed in this capacity include but are not restricted to:
- Analyze IP network topologies for security, technical and operational vulnerabilities and risks
- Conduct analysis of IP networks within the customer architecture to assess operational vulnerabilities and document risk and risk mitigation strategies
- Perform network infrastructure assessments with respect to security risks, with an eye on system topologies and known vulnerabilities
- Examine networks to identify any aggregation points that could lead to an adversary attributing and linking business operations and/or operational activities to the customer
- Conduct technical assessments of the networks.
- Examine the networks design and security features to identify risks and offer mitigations. Determine risks associated with commercial software applications and Software as a Service on Agency's infrastructure
- Review audit logs, configurations of IP-based network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, OWT and IOT appliances for security policy and deployment guideline compliance, operating system and security patch updates, configuration baseline
- Review current configurations for all IP-based network infrastructure devices against current policies and guidelines to determine if they meet the criteria laid out in those governance document s. Ensure operating systems and software have the most recent security patches applied and meet the configuration baseline.
- Determine as-is design against the configuration required by customer policies and controls.
- Use network security software tools to identify vulnerabilities on devices and networking equipment
- Perform forensics on these systems to identify any vulnerabilities that could be leveraged by an adversary to exploit the systems/networks
- Document findings in a formal risk assessment report
- Support external customer projects by providing network engineering and cyber security analytic expertise and guidance to ensure the projects comply with Sponsor policy and regulation
- Provide recommendations to architecture and design reviews
- Provide insight into latest threats and countermeasures
- Attend Working Groups and customer/mission partner meetings
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience on enterprise-scalable wireless mobility solution, multi-factor authentication products, and wireless intrusion detection systems.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in cloud-based computing environment supporting and administering cloud products & services.
- Demonstrated experience with networking concepts (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, RPC, SNMP, DNS, etc.) and proficiency with network traffic analysis tools is required.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting network services, equipment and devices, such as switches, routers, servers, firewalls, etc.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and solving technical concerns, assessing and recommending technical countermeasure guidance to improve security posture.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing, identifying and providing software and hardware forensic examination support based on submitted requirements for functionality and use of Customer's internally developed IT products/systems.
- Demonstrated experience working and interacting with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret tests for products, systems or components.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and use investigative mindset to comprehensively conduct technical review/evaluation/assessment of technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to present findings and/or recommendations in written reports that are concise, well-structured and require minimal editing.
- Ability to translate highly technical and complex issues into terms comprehensible to nontechnical decision makers.
- Bachelor's degree in Network Security/Engineering, Information Assurance, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a scientific or technical discipline.
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Advanced degree in engineering degree (RF/Wireless Engineering, Network Security/Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a scientific or technical discipline)
- Hands-on experience in computer forensic analysis as well as mobile device forensic (examining/imaging) analysis using commercial solutions such as Encase, FTK, XRY, Cellebrite, MacQuisition, and Wireshark applications.
- General understanding of Customer's current IT business processes and procedures.
- Experience supporting the Customer's IT enterprise and operational requirements
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)