Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is actively recruiting Cyber System Engineering team members to support a Cyber Security program based in Tampa, FL.
You will be working with our experienced engineering team developing industry leading virtual environments to support Department of Defense Cyber efforts. This provides an environment to grow your expertise and sharpen your skills & knowledge. These environments are detailed engineering representations of current and future cyber systems and our team is always looking for highly motivated individuals with impeccable work ethic and a strong ability to work in a collaborative dynamic team environment.
The primary team is located in Tampa, Florida with distributed team members embedded directly with the customer. Our ability to communicate / coordinate technical requirements with team members is a priority due to competing priorities and demanding deadlines. Must be able to work within a change management environment with the ability to document and test changes prior to implementation. Ability to perform technical, operational, and security risk analysis for new changes and technologies and articulate risks. Need to be able to quickly adapt new technologies to avoid limitations & obsolescence of both hardware and software.
We support government cyber test and evaluation environments through the development of virtual environment designs using products such as Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, RedHat, and other enterprise solution products. We need someone that has a willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done. Ideally an engineer that can serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in multiple areas to add value and versatility to our Team. Job Responsibilities:
We are looking for hands-on systems engineers that can serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in two or more
of the below subjects:
- Design & Engineering: Experience and Technical understanding in multiple disciplines with the ability to look at problems and requests holistically and factor them against requirements. The positions will be engaged in design integration solutions that meet desired results with ambition to exceed these results.
- Test & Evaluation: Demonstrate experience with Developmental Testing (DT) Integration Testing (IT), and Operational Testing (OT).
- DevOps Engineering: Demonstrate experience with automation of scheduled jobs to reduce labor-intensive tasks. Familiarity with Agile processes and Scrum methodology, Application Containerization, Automation Deployment Tools desired.
- Change Management: Excellent coordination and organization skills that will facilitate cross-functional Team collaboration. Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to customer/ end-users.
We are in need of hands-on systems engineers that can serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in two or more
of the below technical skills:
- Virtual Engineering: Ability to design and deploy high volume configurations with VMware vCenter/ESXi, experience with containerization, and experience in physical and virtual storage and backup appliances.
- Network Engineering: Design & configure small & large scale networks with routing protocols, firewalls, etc. Familiar with Cisco or NSX
- Windows System Engineering: Design, implement, and configure Active Directory, SCCM, MS SQL, Exchange, etc.
- Linux Engineering: Experience with multiple Linux distros, security hardening, granular role-based access, automation of repetitive tasks, etc.
- 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters; NOTE: Four (4) years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- US Citizenship is required with an active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance which was activee in the last 24 months
- Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting
- Experience with network design, virtual environments, and cyber systems design is preferred.
- DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level III (CASP CE or CISSP)
- Bachelor's or higher degree in a technical field highly desired
- Experience in two or more of the following technical skills: Virtual Engineering, Network Engineering, Windows System Engineering, Linux Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.