Peraton is a critical partner to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and select federal agencies and commercial entities, providing innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. We are recognized as a trusted provider of highly differentiated space, intelligence, cyber, defense, homeland security, and communications capabilities. Our scientific discovery and research empower our employees and help our government keep America and our allies secure. All of this is possible due to the human insight and ingenuity of our most important asset, our employees.
We have a compelling opportunity for a Cyber Security Systems Engineer
in support of a unique WMA customer site. This position requires an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
security clearance. Cyber Security Systems Engineers work on all systems and/or projects within the Sponsors organization responsible for providing Network Defense.
- Conduct Proof of Concept testing
- Conduct Tier 3 support of current infrastructure
- Design, test and integrate new security products as directed.
- Design, test, and integrate new security products as directed by COTR
- Ensure all Network Defense capabilities are kept current, patched, and securely configured and management informed of status, working with O&M.
- Full time engineering support for all primary systems such as network based Intrusion Detection and Protection Systems (IDPS).
- Integration of security products, including designs for all Agency networks
- Maintain a network diagram for each Instruction Detection, CIRT capability and sensors and make available to all Sponsor personnel.
- Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring "policies" in a manner determined and agreed to by the program management
- Provide engineering documentation and interaction with Analysts and O&M to ensure a complete and functioning system that meets requirements
- Software testing (patches, other updates)
- Implementation and validation of security controls that support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation
- Developing architecture documentation and Systems Security Plans (SSP) to support Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) reviews
- POA&M development and implementation
- Coordinating with customer security organizations to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Knowledge of the complex environment involving shared IC networks and multiple security enclaves.
- A bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other IT related discipline
- Requires current TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Security Development and Operations (SecDevOps)
- Various security tools and processes such as Splunk, Nessus Security Center, WebInspect, Xacta
- Cloud security controls and implementation
- PKI implementation
- STIG compliance and vulnerability management
- Virtualization experience (VDI & VMWare)
- Public, private and hybrid Cloud experience (AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- AWS Certified Security Specialty
- Microsoft Office365
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.