Systems Security Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation's 2 nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, is looking Systems Security Engineer who excels in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our client's internal and external end users and clients. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day.
Please send your resume to Michelle Pavese at
Only qualified candidates who meet the below requirements will be considered, so please read the description and must haves.
Address: Eglin AFB (Panhandle)
Position: Systems Security Engineer
Duration: 6 month contract
In this role, you will:
• Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
• Develop, evaluate, and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the cyber domain.
• Coordinate with other cybersecurity engineers, system architects, and developers to provide oversight in the development of robust solutions.
• Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
• Employ cybersecurity processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
• Implement appropriate assessment and authorization activities, as required by customers.
• Respond to DOD guidance and engineer appropriate solutions for fielded systems.
• 5+ years of technical systems engineering experience with DOD systems.
• A desire to learn, grow, and share knowledge in the cybersecurity domain.
• DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II (IE CompTIA Security+, GSEC SSCP, CCNA-Security)
• Ability to communicate effectively within cross-functional teams (Systems Engineers, Software Developers, System Administrators, and Information Systems Security Managers).
• Experience with vulnerability scanning.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• System Administration experience.
• Experience with DISA IAVMs and STIGs.
• Experience with PowerShell
Nessus Vulnerability Scanner OR Acas
Powershell scripting experience
STIGs - STIG checks
One of these certs: IAT Level II (IE CompTIA Security+, GSEC SSCP, CCNA-Security)
NICE TO HAVES (OR WHAT GETS THE WIN)?
Cyber Security background
Linux Admin skills
Apex Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or