Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Evening shift (3:30PM-11:30) personnel in Morrisville, NC.
• Identification of Cybersecurity problems which may require mitigating controls
• Analyze network traffic to identify exploit or intrusion related attempts
• Recommend detection mechanisms for exploit and or intrusion related attempts
• Provide subject matter expertise on network based attacks, network traffic analysis, and intrusion methodologies
• Escalate items which require further investigation to other members of the Threat Management team
• Execute operational processes in support of response efforts to identified security incidents
• 3+ years IT security experience
• 2+ years’ experience in network traffic analysis
• Strong working knowledge of:
• Boolean Logic
• TCP/IP Fundamentals
• Network Level Exploits
• Threat Management
• Regular Expressions
• Knowledge of Control Frameworks and Risk Management techniques
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong understanding of IDS/IPS technologies, trends, vendors, processes and methodologies
• Strong understanding of common IDS/IPS architectures and implementations
• Strong understanding of IDS/IPS signatures, content creation and signature characteristics including both signature and anomaly-based analysis and detection
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A464.