VariQ's Cybersecurity Line of Business is seeking team members with strong cybersecurity analytical skills in the areas of security assessments, continuous monitoring, and privacy to support a US Government client. This highly visible and critical position includes developing security plans and business impact analyses, as well as performing, security categorizations, contingency planning, and control assessments. The team also provides consulting services to the client on the best practices within the Risk Management Framework (RMF), waterfall to agile migrations, and the rollout of the Department of Homeland Security's Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (DHS CDM) technologies.Additional Information:
- Location: US Mint Headquarters at 801 Ninth Street, NW Washington DC, 20220
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: Public Trust (DoD Secret is preferred)
- Available: within 30 days
Provides quality assessment while interfacing directly with key customer stakeholders:Key Responsibilities:
QualificationsRequiring at least 8 years of combined experience with the following:
- Provide and complete Security Assessment and Accreditation (SA&A) processes for multiple business functions with hardware, software, and networking technologies requiring an Authority To Operate (ATO).
- Apply in-depth knowledge of NIST SP 800-53 and NIST SP 800-37 to perform detailed security assessments of all FISMA-categorized information systems.
- Follow a Risk Management Framework (RMF) to categorize, implement, and assess all security controls; then use client templates to create and manage ATO-related deliverables, some of which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Business Impact Analyses (BIAs)
- Privacy Threshold Analyses (PTAs) / Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- System Security Plans (SSPs)
- Security Assessment Report (SARs) / Vulnerability Assessment Reports (VARs)
- Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Creating documentation and assessment completion.
- Work directly with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the SA&A process to resolve issues and answer questions related to all aspects of the RMF life cycle.
- Liaise with the Cybersecurity Compliance office to properly vet all deliverables for their submission to the Authorizing Official (AO).
- Assist the Program Management team to help manage the delivery of multiple ATO packages.
- Participate in Continuous Monitoring activities and initiatives.
- Support other Cybersecurity priorities, as advanced by evolving Compliance needs.
- FISMA 2002 and 2014
- NIST Cybersecurity Standards (800 series)
- Privacy Program Support
- Risk Management Framework
- System Security Lifecycle Support
- An active CISSP, CISM, or CISA is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Active CASP cerification
- A background as an ISSO
- Knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, Visio, and SharePoint
- Securing Industrial Control Systems (ICS) / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems is a plus.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.