Description Job Requisition:
Cybersecurity Engineer, Mid-LevelJob Description:
we welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. As part of our company mission, we're dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores -- our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Mid-Level Cybersecurity Engineer to use your experience to develop a new version of the ground control station for Product Development Directorate- Common Systems Integration (PdD-CSI). In support of this program your position as a Cybersecurity Engineer will be to support US Army programs located in Huntsville Alabama. Primary Responsibilities
The position will involve supporting Agile software development activities for the UASGCSv4 within the Defense Group. In this role you will be expected to contribute to hardware/software development, Risk Management Framework, and Authority to Operate (ATO) activities as well as other cyber-related duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain cybersecurity posture during development of mission-critical software in support of unmanned systems, and intelligence gathering products for ground based systems
- Ensure cybersecurity posture during laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
- Document and communicate cybersecurity artifacts following the RMF with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Generate required artifacts to achieve an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Participate in software design reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
- Create STIG'd software development environment, and end of sprint cyberscans for the development of FACE 3.0 and UCS version 3.4 Units of Portability (UoPs)
- Bachelors in computer science, computer engineering, or management information systems and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with two (2) years of prior relevant experience
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, or C#
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Experience with MIL-STD 882E and/or DO-178C
- Experience with data modeling and other MBSE tools/techniques
- Experience with attaining an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans.
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience in system integration and field testing activities is a plus
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.