ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer - DLP Engineer
to work in our Fairfax, VA
office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award. Job Description:
As a leading provider of managed cybersecurity services, ECS provides a highly tailored and customized offering to each customer. Our team is responsible for protecting both our customers and corporate environment at ECS. Our mission is very broad, and our team is agile. We will look toward your unique skills to approach and solve problems in your own way. Whether engineering a system to address a technical hurdle, protecting customer data, or consulting on a wide range of security topics. You are empowered to engage and lead across multiple groups.
This role of a DLP Engineer will support ECS's internal Cybersecurity program and Commercial Managed Cybersecurity Service Practice. In this technical, hands-on role you will be responsible for successful operation of a variety of cybersecurity data loss prevention and device control tools. You will also support written technical deliverables for our customers and building new capabilities.
- Hands on configuration, tuning and operating of several data loss prevention and device control tools from vendors such as McAfee, CrowdStrike, Zscaler, and Netskope.
- Be able to analyze data protection and device control events and provide useful and accurate reporting to customer in a timely manner
- Interface daily with deployed solutions to perform checklist analysis of solution functionality and operations
- Operate DLP endpoint and network tools for internal use and customer environments that reside on premises and in the cloud.
- Evaluate new data loss prevention and device control methodologies and vendors to deliver capabilities.
- Understand the business need of data loss prevention and be able to brief customer on its importance and implementation requirements
- Support investigations and contribute to investigation of sensitive data leaks both internal and external
- Understand and follow proper escalation paths for incidents and/or tasking, as necessary
- Deployment and maintenance of DLP endpoint applications and network DLP appliances
- Document, maintain, and improve standard operation procedures (SOPs) and processes regarding endpoint management
- Stay current on data loss prevention best practices, program development, and implementation strategies
- Participation in on call rotation as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field.
- In lieu of a bachelor's degree, at least two (2) years of IT security experience is required.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in cybersecurity, cloud and or infrastructure.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience designing and managing endpoints and data loss prevention solutions
- Passion for technology, teamwork, overcoming challenges and providing exceptional customer service
- Strong prioritization, problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of operating system (OS) internals, the mechanics of how endpoint DLP products function on the system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with trouble ticketing systems such as ITSM/Remedy, ServiceNow, etc
- Experience with CrowdStrike USB Device Control, McAfee DLPe/NDLP/MVISION Cloud DLP, Zscaler DLP, and/or Netskope DLP solutions is highly preferred
- McAfee Product Specialist: DLPe certification
- Security +, EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH) certification
- Excellent documentation skills.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.