Pelham Berkeley Search is a premiere provider of corporate IT recruiting that has been helping talented IT professionals to further their careers since 1995.
Top mid-sized Asset Management Firm in Manhattan seeks a Cybersecurity Engineer to join IT Infrastructure group.
In a very hands-on capacity you will responsible for the support and administration of several core network security tools... interesting projects, very professional and high-end environment working at a firm that offers competitive compensation plus a great benefits package (100% company paid healthcare, 4 weeks vacation,...).
Initial hire is on a contract basis with targeted conversion to full-time within 3-4 months.
In summary you will:
- Assist in the design, implementation and configuration of security tools
- Configure and troubleshoot security systems including the SIEM, endpoint security solutions, application whitelisting tools, firewalls, penetration and vulnerability scanning and analysis .
- Daily support and administration of next-generation firewalls (Palo Alto and CISCO Firesight/Firepower).
- Client VPN and Multi-Factor Authentication, and IP space administration
- Network Access Control (Cisco ISE)
- 2+ years of hands-on work experience supporting enterprise security solutions ideally including experience with next generation firewalls such as Palo Alto and Cisco Firesight/Firepower but definitely including strong firewall experience.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of various network security tools (Cisco VPN, Palo Alto VPN, Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, NGFW, Solarwinds, IP Management tools, WireShark,...).
- Strong understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP,...), client VPN and multi-factor authentication, and IP space administration.
- Application whitelisting (Bit9/Carbon Black, Lumension,...) experience
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM) configuration and management experience (Solarwinds, LogRhythm, Splunk,...).
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests (Nessus, Metasploit,... )
- Ability to create accurate system diagrams and documentation for design and planning network security systems.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols .
- CCNP Security and/or CISSP preferred
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study preferred.