GM Financial (GMF) is the wholly owned captive finance subsidiary of General Motors and is headquartered in Texas. We are a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in North America, South America and Asia. Through our long-standing relationships with auto dealers, we offer attractive retail financing and lease programs to meet the needs of each customer. We also offer commercial lending products to dealers to help them finance and grow their businesses.
At GMF our Cybersecurity organization is a global team consisting of architecture, engineering, operations, governance, and risk functions under the Chief Information Security Officer reporting directly to the CEO.
The Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for performing and evaluating vulnerability scanning, reporting detection results, maintaining scanning systems and procedures; and to identify and mitigate threats to the corporate network, corporate assets, and corporate users. This team member will identify core requirements, design and implement security technologies, and work with stakeholders to perform ongoing tuning and alerting on those technologies. Security technologies may include, but are not limited to: vulnerability scanners, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Security Incident Event Management (SIEM), User Behavior Analytics, Host Intrusion Prevention (HIPS), and Web/Email Gateway. This team member will be responsible for both technical implementation of systems and communication of security requirements to management and security leadership. Additionally, this team member will be responsible, as necessary, with assisting in investigations into security threats. Responsibilities JOB DUTIES
- Perform software vulnerability scanning and source code analysis using security testing tools and processes used to expose known and undocumented vulnerabilities in various information systems.
- Conduct source code reviews and software penetration tests to confirm existence of vulnerabilities and communicate findings to support teams for resolution.
- Develop vulnerability data analysis and reporting tools using PHP, Python 3, SQL and other coding technologies as required.
- Using strong interpersonal skills to articulate vulnerabilities to technical and not-technical audiences
- Provide technical understanding of vulnerabilities and exploits using knowledge of coding frameworks and web application infrastructure (Application Servers, Web Servers, APIs, etc).
- Provide knowledge and support for software and web application migration devices (WAF, API gateways, etc.)
- Using creative thought, technical understanding of exploits, and attacker behaviors provide additional details on how software is at risk of penetration.
- Creation of vulnerability reports and metrics to disseminate to groups based on operational hierarchies.
- Local and wide area networking concepts, principles and protocols
- Advanced knowledge in Infrastructure design and management
- Working knowledge of management processes such as personnel administration, planning and budgeting
- Strong working knowledge of Intel platforms, iSeries and pSeries servers
- Advanced understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices and processes
- Experience with UML Design Tools
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI model and imp subnetting
- High level understanding of technology infrastructure, security concepts and platforms
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Advanced knowledge of IBM pSeries hardware, operating systems and TSM backup infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of the OSI model and security that is associated with each layer
- Understanding of routing and switching protocols as they relate to load balancing
- Strong understanding of application layer protocols including HTTP, SSH, SSL and DNS
- Knowledge and stay abreast on the latest security and privacy legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of IT security processes and controls as well as IT infrastructure and networking technical knowledge
- Proven expertise developing custom rule sets for tools to identify specific attacks and exploits based on feedback and requirements from business stakeholders including Compliance and Legal Counsel
- Possess understanding of cloud technologies and concepts
- Experience securing cloud deployments on common platforms like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with deploying environments by defining infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Experience with securing container deployments, Kubernetes, managed Kubernetes PaaS services, Agile environments, and DevOps environments
- Experience with managing infrastructure through CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and microservice architecture
- Background in scripting and automation in widely used languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, etc
- Detailed knowledge of declarative IaC approaches and immutable infrastructure is a plus
- Familiarity with Terraform is a plus
- Ability to think strategically and make collaborative decisions
- Ability to apply structured analysis methods to various types of data to establish trends, determine variability and business impact
- Communicates quickly, clearly, concisely, appropriately and intelligently
- Foster open communication, speaks with impact, listens to others and writes effectively
- Experience with alternate management methods using SSH, serial connections and the command-line interface TMSH
- Ability to effectively negotiate with vendors on upgrades and acquisitions
- Effective planning, time management, negotiation and delegation skills
- Expert level IT security processes and controls knowledge as well as IT infrastructure and networking technical knowledge
- Ability to approach problems with an open-mind and create new and innovative ideas and methods
- Advanced technical writing
- Experience in documentation tools such as Visio and Microsoft Office products
- Advanced information security standards/frameworks (ie, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27001) skills
- Advanced experience with Network and VLAN segmentation
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to approach problems with an open-mind, use existing information and resources
- Creative, Innovative, problem-solving and maximizing your potential to solve problems and improve methods
- Think positively when faced with obstacles, build on others ideas, think logically and intuitively
- Detailed oriented
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1-5 years of experience in large and complex business environments with a successful track record working directly with senior level management preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in one or more of the following domains: Cybersecurity, Information Security, Network Engineering, or Network Operations, Information Technology, Application Development preferred
- Cybersecurity related certifications strongly preferred
- Normal office environment subject to stressful situations
- Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours including weekends/holidays, occasional overtime or split shifts may be required
- Limited travel may be required to support business needs, including international travel